Frequently asked questions
See below for the most frequently asked questions. For any additional questions or information, please contact Registrar Carla Khazzaka directly by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone at 613-733-8522, ext. 606.
Is Lycée Claudel a French or a Canadian school?
- Claudel High School is a private school governed by Ontario law, which provides education in accordance with the curricula of the French Ministry of National Education;
- It is part of the AEFE (Agence pour l’Enseignement Français à l’Etranger), on which it is accredited;
- The Principal, Deputy Principal, Administrative and Financial Director, School Director, as well as some teaching staff are recruited by the AEFE;
- The facility is governed by a Board of Directors in accordance with Ontario rules;
- The French government regularly inspects our school to ensure compliance and continuity of learning with the French National Education System
At what age can you enrol your child in Lycée Claudel?
Children are welcomed from the age of 3 years old on 31 December of the current school year.
Are there any special conditions for registration?
For any enrolment in nursery school, children must be “clean”: a child who wears diapers cannot therefore be enrolled.
Proficiency in French is not required for enrolment in Kindergarten (Maternelle).
For any registration from the preparatory course (CP), the child must master French as a language of communication.
- Candidates from a school approved by the French Ministry of National Education will be considered on the basis of their school reports. It is therefore important to send them to us as soon as they are available.
- If your child comes from a non-accredited school, he or she will have to take an entrance test in different subjects, depending on the class. In this case, the admissions office will contact you to arrange an appointment. However, their registration is not automatic.
What is the "Maternelle" school ?
In the French system, it is a school in its own and not a daycare centre. It therefore has learning programs in the same way as elementary classes. Teachers have the same diplomas and initial training as those in other classes. The educational activities implemented are often based on playful situations.
What time can my children arrive at school in the morning?
All students (from Maternelle to Terminale) are welcomed by the Team Pôle Vie de l’élève and the school staff from 8:00 am.
Is there an after-school reception?
- Maternelle students have the opportunity to stay in the daycare after school.
- Students from CP to CM2 have the opportunity to go to supervised study after classes: the student, supervised by adults, can extend his school day with complete peace of mind and also prepare his homework. The student will be cared for for 02 hours, from 15:30 to 17:30, including 01 hour with a teacher.
- Students from the 6th to the 3rd grade can benefit from the supervised study service: the student, supervised by a supervisor, can do his homework, read or have quiet activities there.
- Extra-curricular activities are also organized for Primary and Secondary students.
What is the difference between the pre-inscription and the application form?
- The pre-inscription is the preliminary request that the family sends us when they want their child to attend our school. The institution registers this request and checks its “admissibility”.
- Then, a place can be proposed. The family then completes the registration form.
- In some cases, the institution may propose register the request on a waiting list.